The speakers were:
- David Tumasyan, International Child Rights Expert, Candidate of Law, Associate Professor
- Anush Aleksanyan, psychologist
On May 11, the Armenian parliament ratified the Council of Europe Convention on the Protection of Children from Sexual Exploitation and Sexual Abuse (Lanzarote Convention), becoming the 45th member state of the Council of Europe to agree to the provisions of the Convention.
During the discussion, the speakers addressed the following issues:
- What is the Lanzarote Convention about, what principles does it contain?
- What are the manifestations of sexual abuse against children? How widespread is child sexual abuse in Armenia? And where can its victims seek help?
- How are the issues of protecting children from sexual abuse and sexual exploitation solved in the countries that have joined the Lanzarote Convention?
- When and what kind of education is needed to keep children away from sexual exploitation?
The event was organized by the Public Journalism Foundation with the support of Open Society Foundations - Armenia.
"Civil society during and after the pandemic – 5: How does it affect human rights?"...
Within the framework of Social Entrepreneurship: Armenia-Turkey Exchange Project, implemented by Public Journalism Club (PJC),...
Public Journalism Club (PJC), together with its partners in Turkey, TEPAV, and Mikado Consulting, is...