To participate in the webinar, you need to register at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_1cD9wkimSlWLZE-PLXi4ag
On May 8 at 17:00, Media Center organizes a webinar on the topic of ''The Recovery of the Judiciary in the Context of Constitutional Amendments''.
The speakers include:
Anna Myriam Roccatello, Deputy Executive Director and Director of Programs of the International Center for Transitional Justice (ICTJ)
Palmina Tanzarella, Constitutional Law Researcher at University of Milano Bicocca (School of Law), Professor of Italian and European constitutional law and State Building
Yeghishe Kirakosyan, Chairman of the Professional Committee on Constitutional Amendments
Grigor Bekmezyan, Member of the Supreme Judicial Council
On December 30, by the decision of RA Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, a professional committee on constitutional amendments was established. The constitutional amendments are envisaged in the action plan of the government's judicial reform strategy 2019-2023 adopted earlier.
During the webinar, the speakers will address the following issues:
- Are the current tools and vetting sufficient to fully restore the independence of the judiciary?
- What mechanisms are proposed by the constitutional amendments to have an independent judiciary?
- How can the Constitution become a new opportunity to rebuild the public's trust in the courts?
- Will the crisis in the Constitutional Court be resolved through constitutional reforms?
- When and how will the concept of constitutional reforms be presented for public discussion?
- What should the new model of courts look like? And how should the transition from the old model to the new model take place?
- What is the risk of failure of this reform?
- What mistakes should post-revolutionary Armenia avoid on the way of judicial reforms?
The webinar will take place on May 8 at 17:00, with a duration of 1.5 hours, including a question and answer session.
The language of the webinar is Armenian, and simultaneous translation will be provided.
The webinar will be conducted through the Zoom video calling program/application.
The webinar is supported by Open Society Foundations-Armenia.
"Civil society during and after the pandemic – 5: How does it affect human rights?"...
Within the framework of Social Entrepreneurship: Armenia-Turkey Exchange Project, implemented by Public Journalism Club (PJC),...
Public Journalism Club (PJC), together with its partners in Turkey, TEPAV, and Mikado Consulting, is...